Batman in Video Games - Part III » Digital Compass
feedburner
Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

feedburner count

Batman in Video Games - Part III

Labels: , ,

We saw how stereotyped Batman was as just another fighting superhero in his earlier game avatars. We also saw how some developers tried to revolutionize Batman by trying to stay true to his comic/TV versions, but still weren't quite there yet. Now, in this third and final installment of the feature, I shall highlight upcoming games featuring Batman in ways that are both fresh and hopefully faithful to the legend of the dark knight.

Lego Batman (September 23, 2008) PS3, Wii, Xbox 360, PS2, DS, PSP, PC

Lego seems hell-bent on emasculating every cool franchise out there. First they got Star Wars, then Indiana Jones, and now Batman?! What next, Lego Hannibal? Jokes aside, you can expect this one to go in about the same direction as the other Lego games — with cute characters, stuff breaking into lego pieces, and the lead character constantly fluttering around to get his hands on little parts that act as currency.

Still, I'm not getting my hopes too high for this one, as it's not only cute and casual, but also takes Batman back into the pointless brawling phase that he so needs to get out of. Let's see how it turns out.

Enjoyed Reading! Subscribe to our feeds to get more

Digg Technorati del.icio.us Stumbleupon Reddit

^^^


1 comments:
gravatar
Unknown said...
September 19, 2008 at 1:46 AM  

I think it's going to be fun in co-op, but you're right, Techzine... this isn't the kind of Batman game we're really looking for. Arkham Asylum, the upcoming PS3/360 game is THE Batman game to get it seems.

I'm sure there are some readers out there who have yet to get a PS3 or Xbox 360... I suggest you guys take a look at this Stacker 2 contest going on where you can win the system of your choice. All you have to do to enter is design a 6 Hour Power t-shirt, and right now there are less than 350 entrants so you've got to like those odds... For contest details, go here: http://www.brickfish.com/Entertainment/Stacker2?tab=overview

By the way, I hope I'm not overstepping my bounds by commenting on your blog. I work with 6 Hour Power so if you have any questions about the contest or the drink itself just let me know. Be sure to tell me if you guys enter too.. I'd be happy to vote for your designs. Good luck!

Franklin Keane
www.6hrpower.com
Franklin6hrpower@gmail.com

Post a Comment